Inside the Kit
The Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation is a package of guidance, tools, activities and supplies for supporting adolescents ages 10-18, who are affected by crises and poverty. It provides a coherent approach to working with adolescents in humanitarian situations that can be integrated into existing UNICEF and partner programmes, or introduced as a stand-alone initiative.
The kit ships flat packed. The exterior is corrugated cardboard. The package dimensions are 113cm x 82.5cm x 14cm (44.5"x33.5"x 5.5"). The weight of the package is 24kg (53lbs). Note: Once the kit is assembled, the overall weight can be less depending on the supply needs in the field.
Inside the Adolescent Kit you will find:
- Three (3) foundational booklets - Core Guidance, Facilitating Adolescent Circles and The Four Cycles.
- A Facilitator's Tools booklet complete with activity guides and tools for planning sessions.
- A series of In Session tools to enhance adolescents' session experiences
- Supplies including a Supply booklet, an innovative multifunctional supply kit and materials to support adolescents' drawing, writing and collaborative project work.
- Digital resources - including video instructions on how to assemble the kit - available on a usb key
For details on all of the resources available within the kit, please visit the Downloads section of the website.